Areas of Interest
- cognitive science (in particular representation and anticipation),
- philosophy of science (in particular computational approaches and social epistemology),
- artificial life (in particular post-Darwinian systems theories of evolution).
My objective is to establish a conceptual constructivist
framework that brings together and integrates the various lines of thought with regard to the following facets:
- A better understanding of concepts pertaining to knowledge, rational thinking, and nonconscious cognition in order to identify their similarities and differences.
- The evolution of cognitive structures based on the modularity approach to (biological) complexity.
- Bringing together various disciplines in order to take advantage from their cross-fertilization and dissemination potential.
- “Het wetenschappelijk wereldbeeld vanuit een constructivistisch perspectief/The scientific worldview from a constructivist perspective”
at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel, 2015.
- “Integrative Ansätze in der Kognitionswissenschaft” [Integrative approaches in cognitive science] at the University of Vienna, 2001.
- “Artificial Life” at the University of Zürich, 1997.
- “Cognitive Science” (co-lecturer) at the University of Vienna, 1995.